PXG - Financial Analyst - Retail Stores (Scottsdale, AZ)
***THIS IS AN IN-HOUSE POSITION LOCATED IN NORTH SCOTTSDALE***
Parsons Xtreme Golf (PXG) was founded by American entrepreneur and philanthropist Bob Parsons with the sole intent to design and develop the world’s finest golf clubs – and we believe we have done just that! With no cost or time constraints, PXG is committed to the long process of researching various alloys, exploring new technologies, and identifying the unique properties that make PXG clubs perform unlike anything else. With no set product release cycles, the company takes its time and pours every ounce of innovation into each new club design. PXG offers a full lineup of right and left-handed golf clubs, including drivers, fairway woods, hybrids, irons, wedges, and putters, as well as a complete line of high-performance, fashion-forward apparel. Ready to join the PXG team?
The Retail Stores Financial Analyst role supports our fast-growing global businesses with the development and execution of the proper processes and controls to support PXG’s business strategies. The candidate will support the retail accounting processes. The role will support the development of financial reports, processes, and procedures while maintaining high quality standards and appropriate internal control safeguards for Parsons Xtreme Golf (PXG), a growing, global manufacturing, and retail company. This role requires a combination of retail, manufacturing, supply chain and domestic and international business experience. Additionally, this position works cross-functionally within the PXG Accounting and Finance team to drive improvements throughout the department, supporting growth and standard processes.
To be successful in this role, this individual must have strong accounting experience and be analytical. This person should also be collaborative and have a strong work ethic.
- Lead various aspects of the accounting cycle for retail business units
- Prepare journal entries and reconciliations
- Post daily cash and credit cards
- Provide financial support for retail stores & support the Retail growth strategy
- Develop standard SOP’s as well as train retail store management on cash handling and daily accounting procedures
- Monitor retail development projects and ensure proper recording
- Develop and compile weekly, monthly, and ad-hoc reports
- Assist with audit research requests
- Develop and monitor retail store KPI’s and dashboard
- Serve as back-up to other accounting team members
- Effectively communicate with customers, vendors, and employees
- Special projects and other duties as assigned
Experience and Education Required:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- 3-5 years of experience in retail accounting or consumer packaged goods
- Industry knowledge in retail, distribution, and/or consumer packaged goods.
- Experience in manufacturing operations desired, Experience with ERP systems a plus
- Process mapping, developing work instructions and standard procedures.
- Experience with automated accounting systems is required, experience with Acumatica is a plus
- Prior experience with multi-state operations is a plus
- Six sigma or other lean/continuous improvement certifications are a plus
- A professional, positive, and flexible attitude
- Must be dependable, responsible, self-managed and follow through with the minimum direction
- Thrives in a collaborative work environment with open communication with peers and supervisors
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Superior attention to detail and accuracy
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable in an environment with competing deadlines and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle confidential information in a discreet and professional manner
- Excel power user with advanced functions (vlookups, pivot tables, etc.)
This position primarily works in an office environment. Must be able to sit and stand for long periods of time.
PXG is a drug-free, smoke-free, and fragrance-free work environment.
PXG believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (and gender identity or gender nonconformity), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws. PXG will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable laws.
Job Reference #: 1999