PXG - Field Technician (Scottsdale, Arizona)
Parsons Xtreme Golf (PXG) was founded by American entrepreneur and philanthropist Bob Parsons with the sole intent to design and develop the world’s finest golf clubs – and we believe we have done just that! With no cost or time constraints, PXG is committed to the long process of researching various alloys, exploring new technologies, and identifying the unique properties that make PXG clubs perform unlike anything else. With no set product release cycles, the company takes its time and pours every ounce of innovation into each new club design. PXG offers a full lineup of right and left-handed golf clubs, including drivers, fairway woods, hybrids, irons, wedges, and putters, as well as a complete line of high-performance, fashion-forward apparel. Ready to join the PXG team?
PXG and its related companies have several points of presence across North America and Europe to support retail operations and manufacturing. These systems have a finite shelf life and require regular maintenance, replacement, and new installations. A Field Technician is primarily responsible for the physical components of the data center, network closets, retail site infrastructure, and other, similar facilities.
- Install network patch panels, switches, firewalls, and environmental monitors at new PXG retail locations and YAM buildings
- Install patch cables between devices in a way that is tidy and organized
- Facilitate infrastructure replacements as components age (ex: “rip and replace”)
- Triage outages and determine root cause, remediating if possible
- Load initial configurations and test functionality of hardware
- Interact with third-party vendors for out-of-scope projects such as camera NVRs, AV equipment and devices that require a scissor lift to reach
- Document installations and take note of anything that deviates from the standard
- Be required to keep a reasonably accurate tracking of time spent on specific projects and initiatives, with relevant notes, to be completed by the end of each work week in accordance with the PXG IT time tracking policy.
- Deploy regular software and firmware updates and patches
- Participate in on-call rotations to remediate any after-hours malfunctions or triage
Job Skills Required:
- Layer 1-3 management (rack and stack, MAC filtering, IP reservation, BGP)
- Identifying various network cable types (Ethernet, multi-mode fiber, SFPs)
- Basic network functions (ping, traceroute, Wireshark)
- Basic network design components (subnets, broadcast domains, DHCP, VLAN)
- Basic network wireless components (801.22 b/g/n/ac)
- Source code management utilities (Git/VSS/etc)
- Very strong problem-solving & troubleshooting skills including the ability to perform root cause analysis for preventative analysis.
- Proven track record of working with preventive/predictive maintenance techniques
- Strong analytical, planning, organizational, and time management skills
Job Skills Preferred:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel
- Golf industry experience preferred
- Enjoy working with your hands
- Enjoy work that is not tightly bound to an office
- Enjoy traveling to other states
- Enjoy supporting multiple businesses (the YAM Worldwide portfolio contains multiple companies)
- Enjoy troubleshooting
- Enjoy working solo in a data center or MDF
- Have the desire to document all things so you don’t need to learn the same thing twice.
- Have an enthusiastic, go-for-it attitude. When you see something broken, you can’t let it go until it has been improved or fixed.
- Have the desire to deliver quickly and iterate fast.
- Know when to be confident and humble under pressure.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Self-driven and directed, with a strong sense of ownership
- Team player mentality & self-motivated
- Associate's degree or related years of experience.
- CCNA required, CCNP, Network certification, or equivalent industry experience
Years of Experience:
- Minimum 2 years of LAN support (small/medium business or home lab acceptable)
- Travel Required - up to 25%
- Must have a clean driving record
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Generous PTO and paid holidays
- 401(k) with company match
- Dependent Care and Health Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid parental leave
- Employer paid short-term disability and life insurance
- Free set of golf clubs
- Employee Discounts
- Smart Casual Dress Code
- Free drinks/snacks (Corporate Office)
- Unlimited access to the Calm app for you and up to five dependents
This position primarily works in an office environment. Must be able to sit, stand or walk for long periods.
PXG is a drug-free, smoke-free, and fragrance-free work environment.
PXG believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (and gender identity or gender nonconformity), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws. PXG will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities in accordance with applicable laws.
Job Reference #: 2315