PXG - Engineering Intern
PXG was founded by American entrepreneur and philanthropist Bob Parsons with the sole intent to design and develop the world’s finest golf clubs – and we believe we have done just that! With no cost or time constraints, PXG is committed to the long process of researching various alloys, exploring new technologies, and identifying the unique properties that make PXG clubs perform unlike anything else. With no set product release cycles, the company takes its time and pours every ounce of innovation into each new club design. PXG offers a full lineup of right and left-handed golf clubs, including drivers, fairway woods, hybrids, irons, wedges, and putters, as well as a complete line of high-performance, fashion-forward apparel. Ready to join the PXG team?
The Engineering Intern is responsible for supporting PXG’s R&D team with product testing, sample preparation, operating testing equipment, product quality inspections, and participating in process improvement initiatives. You’ll gain direct, hands-on experience working with the finest golf clubs produced and with a sweet spot the size of Texas!
We are seeking undergraduate students in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area (or returning to Phoenix/Scottsdale for the summer break) majoring in Mechanical Engineering, and a passion for the game of golf.
- Assist the team with preparing test samples, utilizing lab equipment, and conducting testing
- Document testing results and collaborate with the team on findings
- Self-sufficiently complete mechanical design projects assigned from Engineering staff
- Conduct product quality inspections on FA samples
- Actively participate in team discussions regarding design, testing, and process improvement initiatives
- Document testing results, and collaborate with the team on findings
- Additional duties as assigned
Experience and Education Required:
- Currently obtaining an undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Golf equipment knowledge a plus
- Solid critical thinking/analysis skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and desire to be part of a highly effective and proactive team
- Experience with CAD software a plus
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Basic programming knowledge a plus (MATLAB, C , VBA, Java, etc.)
This position primarily works in an office/golf shop environment. Must be able to sit and stand for long periods of time.
YAM Worldwide is a drug-free, smoke-free, and fragrance-free work environment.
YAM believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (and gender identity or gender nonconformity), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws. YAM will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable laws.
Job Status: Internship
Job Reference #: 1115