PXG - Director of Supply Chain (Scottsdale, AZ)
Parsons Xtreme Golf (PXG) was founded by American entrepreneur and philanthropist Bob Parsons with the sole intent to design and develop the world’s finest golf clubs – and we believe we have done just that! With no cost or time constraints, PXG is committed to the long process of researching various alloys, exploring new technologies, and identifying the unique properties that make PXG clubs perform unlike anything else. With no set product release cycles, the company takes its time and pours every ounce of innovation into each new club design. PXG offers a full lineup of right and left-handed golf clubs, including drivers, fairway woods, hybrids, irons, wedges, and putters, as well as a complete line of high-performance, fashion-forward apparel. Ready to join the PXG team?
The Director of Supply Chain will support the development and lead the implementation of a short-term set of initiatives and a long-term strategy designed to maintain and improve the entire supply chain of this large, global golf equipment and apparel business.
As a Director of Supply Chain, you will be responsible for leading the development and implementation of strategic sourcing, MRP demand planning, and administrative leadership across the department both domestically and internationally. In this role, you will identify and support direct manufacturers and distributors, maintain accountability amongst suppliers, and implement and maintain MRP demanding planning processes and systems.
- Enhance the overall sourcing, inventory management, forecasting, and logistics capabilities, as well as, overseeing organization structures, process improvement, and operational efficiencies.
- Build, execute and manage demand forecasting and replenishment strategies directed towards achieving optimum inventory levels and maximum customer service.
- Develop and maintain PXG’s sourcing and purchasing strategy including commodity and component management, vendor selection and evaluation, contract management, competitive sourcing, and material planning.
- Provide early warnings of out-of-stock items and propose alternatives. Conduct regular inventory review meetings with R&D, Sales, Marketing, and Finance to coordinate availability with initiatives.
- Manage and develop the internal customer service function to optimize service levels, reduce costs and build relations.
- Partnering closely with the Production Team to manage suppliers and problem solve.
- Lead ongoing efforts to achieve continuous improvement of the supply chain function through evaluation of new technologies and industry best practices.
- Build and develop a high-performing team.
- Lead the global category management in the execution of sourcing projects through project management technologies.
- Direct and manage physical inventory audits and inventory management processes to the highest specifications.
- Direct Materials Manager and Shipping / Receiving teams to properly receive, safeguard and distribute inventory items.
- Managing logistics and inventory strategies to achieve synergy across the PXG’s global operation.
- Implement or improve MRP forecasting and planning processes and systems
- Conceptualize and develop strategies for supporting and managing the global portfolio of products
- Lead negotiation efforts on key components and sub-assemblies for global suppliers
- Manage and coordinate Revenue and Custom Audits for multiple legal entities.
- Track business intelligence information at the commodity level for decision making on sourcing processes
- Oversee the allocation of interdepartmental resources to execute sourcing projects
- Oversee the supplier relationships management processes with a focus on mediating any opportunities in the level of service, on-time delivery, and quality
- Proactively monitor critical trend reports and manage Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) on On-time In Full delivery, manufacturing variances, continuous improvement initiatives and purchase price variances. Perform root cause analysis utilizing existing data, formalizing continuous improvement through creation and rollout of SOPs.
- Provide reporting such as product costing for new programs impact analysis, root cause analysis, and performance reporting to support recommendations.
- Travel internationally as needed to work with manufacturers, suppliers, and partners
Experience and Education Required:
- 10-15 years of experience in supply chain management in a consumer goods company, sporting goods experience a plus.
- Proven track record of developing end-to-end strategies to improve supply chain efficiencies and effectiveness. Experience driving cost-reduction initiatives across the supply chain function through the implementation of continuous improvement.
- Experience in logistics, managing custom reporting, and HTS determination for importing and exporting goods, and warehousing, preferably in the fast-moving consumer goods companies.
- Experience supporting a direct to consumer and distributor business structure
- Experience in customer service, demand planning, and purchasing is required.
- Experience in raw material procurement including, RFQ, RFP, and Supply agreements
- Experience with international 3rd Party manufacturers and retail operations
- Experience working with and optimizing ERP, MRP, TMS, and WMS. Acumatica experience is a plus.
- Advanced Excel, PowerPoint, and other Microsoft Office skills.
- Current experience is preferred but not required. Demonstrated willingness to learn new systems.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines, prioritize workload and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, dynamic, ever-growing, and often ambiguous environment; effective multi-tasking skills are vital.
- Forward-looking with a holistic approach
- Continuous Improvement/Lean Supply Chain mindset
This position works in an office environment.
PXG is a drug-free, smoke-free, and fragrance-free work environment.
PXG believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (and gender identity or gender nonconformity), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws. PXG will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities in accordance with applicable laws.
Job Reference #: 1548