PXG - Director of Online Shopping Systems (Remote)
PXG was founded by American entrepreneur and philanthropist Bob Parsons with the sole intent to design and develop the world’s finest golf clubs – and we believe we have done just that! With no cost or time constraints, PXG is committed to the long process of researching various alloys, exploring new technologies, and identifying the unique properties that make PXG clubs perform unlike anything else. With no set product release cycles, the company takes its time and pours every ounce of innovation into each new club design. PXG offers a full lineup of right and left-handed golf clubs, including drivers, fairway woods, hybrids, irons, wedges, and putters, as well as a complete line of high-performance, fashion-forward apparel. Ready to join the PXG team?
PXG is looking for a Director of Online Shopping Systems to oversee direct-to-consumer system development and integrations across eCommerce, Marketplaces, and Player Support. This position is ideal for individuals with high accountability, who are passionate about developing future leaders, have strong analytical and financial skills, great communication, a partnership mentality, and is comfortable turning facts into recommendations. The individual must be able to influence cross-functional business partners and effectively provide the technology point-of-view on complex business issues to senior management, team members, and partners. This role will be tightly coupled with PXG’s Internal Systems team to ensure a solid omni-channel user experience.
- Establish a technology vision and strategy for PXG’s Online Shopping Systems at scale, including international markets. Create and maintain a technical roadmap in conjunction with business needs and technical improvements
- Lead strategic and operational planning for PXG’s Online Shopping Systems to achieve business goals.
- Coordinate the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future systems across the organization
- Foster a product engineering culture within the team and establish best practices around discovery, prototyping, continuous and rapid testing, and learning, with a focus on delivering customer value
- Partner with technology and product leadership to define, drive, and deliver online services to power the brand's omni-channel sales experiences
- Manage team budgets. Work with teams to project resource needs/gaps – short, medium, and long term
- Manage vendor relationships and their associated contracts
- Lead a growing team of developers. Provide career progression recommendations and feedback.
- Build & hire talent to allow for team specialization and expansion
- Establish team goals, objectives, and operating procedures that are in alignment with company goals.
- Identify and evaluate new software automation tools to increase organization productivity
- Record and report system issues and follow through until resolution. Conduct root cause analysis on outages.
- Manage systems and software upgrades
- Maintain and contribute to the company’s internal knowledge base/documentation
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Business Technology or a related field of study
- 10 years of leadership experience in online retail technology
- Experience managing Salesforce platforms (SFDC, Marketing Cloud, SFCC) and Marketplace technology
- Proven technology leader with experience building and managing highly engaged teams
- 5 years of managing direct reports
- Experience with lean/agile development processes
- Experience gaining consensus among a large, diverse group of stakeholders
- Experience managing, training and mentoring others in Engineering methodologies and best practices.
- Able to easily motivate and inspire team members, peers, stakeholders and executives
- Innovative; thinks beyond boundaries
- Analytical; solves problems at the root cause and prioritizes effectively
- Continuous improvement mentality; never satisfied
- Entrepreneurial drive and spirit; enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
- Handles constructive criticism with ease; adapts easily and efficiently to change.
- Experience with management of Security and Compliance for business applications
- Must be organized, have an eye for detail, and be able to put ideas into a tangible form.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to both technical and business audiences.
This position works in an office environment. Must be able to bend, crouch, sit, stand, lift.
PXG is a drug-free, smoke-free, and fragrance-free work environment.
PXG believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (and gender identity or gender nonconformity), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws. PXG will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable laws.