PXG - Director of Marketing (Tokyo, Japan)
PXG is a rapidly growing company and expanding its operations into the Japanese market. This position will work closely with the General Manager, overseeing the local Japan team, and will be responsible for all operational and sales aspects and other duties as needed for PXG Japan.
- Work closely with GM to lead the team in planning and executing integrated marketing plans, marketing budget, and leading the local marketing team that supports and aligns with global brand positioning and strategies.
- Work closely with the global Marketing counterparts to ensure alignment with global strategies.
- Work cross-functionally with teams to establish yearly, quarterly, and monthly forecasting budgets and metrics.
- Support GM in hiring and training team members for efficient planning, executions, and operations.
- Required to manage own priorities and set work objectives against a range of broad objectives and provide guidance to their reporting subordinates.
- Work with the Japanese team to analyze workflow efficiencies, and key performance indicators and trends.
- Work with external partners, as needed, to accomplish country-specific projects and goals.
- Lead the development of marketing strategies and plans, proposed budget, and prioritizing marketing mix for all mediums.
- Evaluate complex situations using multiple sources to make judgments based on analysis of factual and qualitative information.
- Assist team with creating and maintaining safety procedures.
- Provide team leadership to set goals, anticipate issues, motivates team, and build a high-performance culture.
- Ensure teams maintain strong communications with PXG-US and provide regular progress updates.
- Other responsibilities as requested.
Experience and Education Required:
- Previous experience in assisting a GM in a start-up operation
- 10 years of Marketing/Leadership experience
- Prior Sports/Golf retail industry experience
- Brand, E-commerce, and retail marketing experience, Salesforce experience is a plus
- Strong knowledge and experience in media activities, including Social and Digital marketing
- Strong knowledge and experience in CRM
- Education equivalent to a US-advanced business degree
- Bilingual in English and Japanese
- Teamwork, Leadership, Project Management, Performance Management, Business Acumen
- Detailed understanding of Japanese golf markets and consumer trends
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Enthusiastic team player and self-starter
- Demonstrated confidentiality, honesty, and integrity in all situations
- Highly flexible and adapts well to rapidly changing environment
- Proficient in MS Office: PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and CRM/sales database experience helpful
- Travel 20-30% of the time (throughout locations in Japan) and to US headquarters when necessary
Our Position Location:
- Until COVID restrictions are lifted, the position will be Work-from-Home
- Upon re-opening, the position will be located in our Tokyo office and adherence to ongoing COVID-19 workplace practices may be required.
Job Reference #: 1422