PXG - Director of International Finance (Scottsdale, Arizona)
PXG was founded by American entrepreneur and philanthropist Bob Parsons with the sole intent to design and develop the world’s finest golf clubs – and we believe we have done just that! With no cost or time constraints, PXG is committed to the long process of researching various alloys, exploring new technologies, and identifying the unique properties that make PXG clubs perform unlike anything else. With no set product release cycles, the company takes its time and pours every ounce of innovation into each new club design. PXG offers a full lineup of right and left-handed golf clubs, including drivers, fairway woods, hybrids, irons, wedges, and putters, as well as a complete line of high-performance, fashion-forward apparel. Ready to join the PXG team?
The Director of International Finance is an experienced leader who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. In this role, you will work with domestic and international internal teams and 3rd party vendors to support international accounting operations. You will work with international teams to meet to the growing demands of month end close processes. Your knowledge of GAAP and International accounting standards will allow you to drive processes and provide oversight to the local management and accounting team. With an ability to juggle multiple priorities and projects, you will maintain a view of all international activities, adapting processes as we expand. Additionally, you will work cross functionally within the PXG Finance team to drive improvements throughout the department, supporting growth and standard processes.
This position works closely with the President of International and supports the development of business strategies, financial models, reporting, processes, and procedures to support changing global business demands while maintaining high quality standards and appropriate internal control safeguards for Parsons Xtreme Golf, a growing, global manufacturing and retail company. The ideal candidate should have retail, manufacturing, or international business experience. This position reports to the PXG CFO. The position will have several direct reports from the international finance organization. Many domiciled in the country of the entity.
- Work with international accounting team and/or 3rd party outsourcing firms to ensure timely and accurate month end close procedures.
- Manage global consolidation process across 4 legal entities
- Support monthly closing activities by preparing and verifying accurate journal entries including consolidations and foreign currency accounting for international entities and global operations
- Participate in the preparation of monthly and quarterly management slide deck
- Responsible for oversight of all intercompany transactions and processes, including compliance with Intercompany Transfer Pricing agreements, as well as the completeness and accuracy of the Intercompany accounts, and eliminations
- Support President of International with strategic initiatives and modeling to support key business strategies and tactical objectives.
- Perform monthly reconciliations for international entities, ensuring compliance with accounting standards
- Ensure accuracy of account balances and classifications
- Develop a solid understanding of the current-state and desired-state of all accounting processes; identify “quick wins” and recommend long-term process enhancements or changes to drive efficiencies. Support the development of future state global accounting processes.
- Research, analyze, and lead implementation of new accounting and reporting systems.
- Proactively collaborate with and solicit input from key stakeholders, internal customers, IT, Operations, other accounting team members, and all relevant departments, to gather information, analyze gaps, prioritize potential projects, and offer proposed solutions.
- Responsible for leading efforts on establishing compliance with various regulatory requirements including, but not limited to liaison with external accountants to implement standard guidance for VAT application and communicate agreed upon guidance to internal departments and review matter set-up to ensure correct application of various VAT rules.
- Identify accounting issues requiring resolution, looking beyond the symptoms of problems to create efficiencies and develop long-term solutions.
- Utilize effective communication skills to facilitate team building, track project progress, collect metrics, and act as a change agent in support of improvement initiatives.
- Assist in the preparation of various supporting schedules and analyses for financial, tax, and audit processes
- Document internal processes and controls, identifying any issues or areas for improvement
- Develop a knowledge database of all accounting processes and procedures; conduct ongoing coaching and training, as appropriate.
- Ensure changes and modifications comply with internal policies, audit controls, internal controls, and regulatory requirements.
- Support the accounting team as issues arise, providing guidance on appropriate accounting processes to complete the task at hand; consistently serve as a technical resource and subject-matter expert.
- Promotes teamwork and synergy between business entities and departments; sets a good personal example of attitude and performance
- Actively seeks opportunities to create operational efficiencies; leverages technology to improve business processes through automation, reduction of manual data entry and increased digitization of documents and transactions
- Respond to requests from internal and external auditors on accounting and audit matters; provide schedules and documents related to the audits of the Company’s financial statements
- Special projects as assigned, perform other accounting tasks to support the accounting team, and other related duties as assigned
Experience and Education Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or comparable work experience in accounting
- 8-10 years of accounting/controller experience
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) requirements
- Basic knowledge of international accounting standards
- CPA or equivalent a plus
- Experience with ERP system a plus, with experience in consolidations
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- Experience with automated accounting systems is required, experience with Acumatica a plus
- A professional, positive, and flexible attitude
- Ability to multi-task, stay organized and prioritize competing deadlines in fast paced and continuously changing environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects and external entities
- Work with various teams across multiple locations to promote consistency and ensure adherence to processes
- Desire to drive improvement and a positive attitude
- Must be dependable, responsible, self-managed and follow through with minimum direction
- Thrives in a collaborative work environment with open communication with peers and supervisors
- Experience developing and leading a team
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Superior attention to detail and accuracy
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle confidential information in a discreet and professional manner
This position will primarily be working in an office environment.
PXG is a drug-free, smoke-free, and fragrance-free work environment.
PXG believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (and gender identity or gender nonconformity), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws. PXG will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities in accordance with applicable laws.
Job Reference #: 1971