PXG - Design Intern - Scottsdale, AZ
Parsons Xtreme Golf (PXG) was founded by American entrepreneur and philanthropist Bob Parsons with the sole intent to design and develop the world’s finest golf clubs – and we believe we have done just that! With no cost or time constraints, PXG is committed to the long process of researching various alloys, exploring new technologies, and identifying the unique properties that make PXG clubs perform unlike anything else. With no set product release cycles, the company takes its time and pours every ounce of innovation into each new club design. PXG offers a full lineup of right and left-handed golf clubs, including drivers, fairway woods, hybrids, irons, wedges, and putters, as well as a complete line of high-performance, fashion-forward apparel. Ready to join the PXG team?
The Apparel Intern is responsible for administrative and design support of PXG’s luxury apparel and accessories team. The successful candidate will have a solid understanding regarding apparel and accessories and the proven ability to communicate, collaborate and deliver high quality, detailed work.
- Measure samples for upcoming fittings as needed
- Measure TOP samples and provide any comments in comparison to PP samples
- Train and utilize PLM system (adding products, specs, components, tech packs, sample updates etc…)
- Organize fabric library
- Consistently identify opportunities to increase productivity and efficiency within specific categories
- Assist with shipping out samples as needed
- Coordinate transfers to leadership
- Assist with CADs and illustrations
- Assist the apparel team with other miscellaneous tasks as needed
Experience and Education Required:
- BA in Fashion Design or related field preferred
- Golf industry experience highly preferred but not required
- Strong knowledge of garment construction and design, and sample evaluations/details
- A professional, positive and “can-do” approach
- Enthusiastic team player and self-starter without the need for continual direction
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Strong desire to collaborate internally with other teams
- Proficient in MS Office, Illustrator, and Photoshop (CS Platform)
This position primarily works in an office/golf shop environment. Must be able to sit and stand for long periods of time.
PXG is a drug-free, smoke-free, and fragrance-free work environment.
PXG believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (and gender identity or gender nonconformity), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws. PXG will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities in accordance with applicable laws.
Job Status: Internship
Job Reference #: 1675