PXG - Core Support Technician (Scottsdale, AZ)
Parsons Xtreme Golf (PXG) was founded by American entrepreneur and philanthropist Bob Parsons with the sole intent to design and develop the world’s finest golf clubs – and we believe we have done just that! With no cost or time constraints, PXG is committed to the long process of researching various alloys, exploring new technologies, and identifying the unique properties that make PXG clubs perform unlike anything else. With no set product release cycles, the company takes its time and pours every ounce of innovation into each new club design. PXG offers a full lineup of right and left-handed golf clubs, including drivers, fairway woods, hybrids, irons, wedges, and putters, as well as a complete line of high-performance, fashion-forward apparel. Ready to join the PXG team?
The Core Support Technician is the first line of contact for inbound user support requests. This covers multiple modalities, including inbound phone queues, support tickets, and walk-ins. Additionally, this role provides on-site support for all of YAM portfolio companies which includes workstation configuration, new hire configurations, printer installations, and retail store system refreshing. This support includes participating in regular on-call rotations for after-hours assistance, as some of our supported businesses are in different time zones and operate on some bank holidays. Additionally, the Core Support I role will work with internal business analysts to provide feedback on support request trends and suggest areas in need of remediation (ex: increased support for a particular piece of hardware or application). This is the entry-level position in YAM IT, and all applicants should expect a substantial amount of on-the-job training in multiple areas of our core and ancillary businesses.
- Provide positive engagement with the support team at large, working towards the shared goal of providing top-class concierge user support.
- Participate in the IT Support phone queue.
- Provide excellent customer service on the phones and via text such as email/Slack/Teams.
- Provide concierge hardware delivery and setup service on-site at various locations across the Phoenix Metro area.
- Provide clear, well-written notes on tickets describing the user's problem and steps to resolve it.
- Perform new hardware imaging and repair/refresh tasks.
- Update documentation in tools such as Service Desk Plus, Confluence, and Jira.
- Perform common administrative tasks such as password resets, application access grants, end-user system updates
- Participate in on-call rotation for after-hours support.
Experience and Education Required:
- Minimum 1-year relevant experience in phone support or desktop support role.
- Familiarity with basic hardware components of a desktop, laptop, and thin client.
- Familiarity with Windows and/or macOS operating systems.
- Familiarity with basic network terms and functionality.
- Mobile device management experience is a plus.
- A or relevant industry certification is a plus.
- An associate's degree in computer science or a relevant field is a plus.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Very Strong problem solving & troubleshooting skills, including the ability to perform root cause analysis for preventative analysis.
- Capable of independently solving moderate to complex problems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including writing ability to update tickets with status and communicate daily /weekly status.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage a diversified workload.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with all levels of operations and client services.
This position will be exposed to various working conditions, both in a team environment and independently. Must be able to sit and work at a desk and stand for long periods of time. This position will be required to travel to various properties depending on needs. Work from home will be available on occasion. Additionally, on-call rotation periods may include support requests during off-hours, weekends, or holidays, as those are typically high sales days for our retail businesses. Applicant must be able to lift 20 pounds and carry for short distances approximately from a parking lot to an end user's desk.
PXG is a drug-free, smoke-free, and fragrance-free work environment.
PXG believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (and gender identity or gender nonconformity), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws. PXG will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities in accordance with applicable laws.
Job Reference #: 1440