PXG - Core Support III (Tokyo, Japan)
Parsons Xtreme Golf (PXG) was founded by American entrepreneur and philanthropist Bob Parsons with the sole intent to design and develop the world’s finest golf clubs – and we believe we have done just that! With no cost or time constraints, PXG is committed to the long process of researching various alloys, exploring new technologies, and identifying the unique properties that make PXG clubs perform unlike anything else. With no set product release cycles, the company takes its time and pours every ounce of innovation into each new club design. PXG offers a full lineup of right and left-handed golf clubs, including drivers, fairway woods, hybrids, irons, wedges, and putters, as well as a complete line of high-performance, fashion-forward apparel. Ready to join the PXG team?
The Core Support Technician III is the most senior support resource in the department. Any escalations that require more specific knowledge than the lower roles are handled by this level. In addition, A Core Support Technician III handles high-profile tasks for VIPs and/or new tasks that do not have a documented process. Beyond end-user support, this role acts as a secondary application owner, having intimate knowledge in a selection of applications and is involved with planning and execution of version and configuration updates. This role will also have a relationship with the vendor for long-running support cases. This position also acts as a mentor for Core Support Tech II and I roles, providing mentorship and on-the-job training for new hires.
- All of the tasks expected from the Core Support I role (though engaged in a lower percentage of the time):
- Provide positive engagement with the support team at large, working towards the shared goal of providing top-class concierge user support.
- Participate in the IT Support phone queue.
- Provide excellent customer service on the phones and via text such as email/Slack/Teams.
- Provide concierge hardware delivery and setup service on-site at various locations across the Phoenix Metro area.
- Provide clear, well-written notes on tickets describing the user's problem and steps to resolve it.
- Perform new hardware imaging and repair/refresh tasks.
- Update documentation in tools such as Service Desk Plus, Confluence and Jira.
- Perform common administrative tasks such as password resets, application access grants, end-user system updates
- Participate in on-call rotation for after-hours support.
- All of the tasks expected from the Core Support II role (though engaged in a lower percentage of the time):
- Engage in support tasks that are escalated by lower role levels.
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services—from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
- Provide feedback to Engineers and Architects on application refinement opportunities.
- Engage in longer-term projects that often coincide with key business milestones
- Maintain intermediate to expert proficiency in our core systems, including:
- Active Directory
- Service Desk Pro
- Atlassian Suite (Jira/Confluence)
- Microsoft O365
- Acting as a mentor/coach for new hires.
- Being a secondary contact for deep application knowledge and troubleshooting.
- Creating and maintaining documentation relevant to their subject matter expertise.
Experience and Education Required:
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience in phone support or desktop support role.
- Experience with advanced hardware component troubleshooting of a desktop, laptop and thin client.
- Experience with common administrative tasks in Windows and/or macOS operating systems.
- Experience with common network information (static IP address, DHCP info, subnet, VLAN).
- Experience with mobile device management
- A , AWS Solution Architect or relevant industry certification.
- Familiarity with user access/IAM systems.
- Familiarity with common components of Amazon Web Services
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a relevant field is a plus
- Strong attention to detail.
- Very Strong problem solving & troubleshooting skills including the ability to perform root cause analysis for preventative analysis.
- Capable of independently solving moderate to complex problems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including writing ability to update tickets with status and communicate daily /weekly status.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage a diversified workload.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with all levels of operations and client services.
- Ability to interact with application vendors and liaise between vendors and our business.
- Proficiency in Japanese and English
This position will be exposed to various working conditions, both in a team environment and independently. Must be able to sit and work at a desk and stand for long periods of time. This position will be required to travel to various properties depending on needs. Work from home will be available on occasion. Additionally, on-call rotation periods may include support requests during off-hours, weekends, or holidays, as those are typically high sales days for our retail businesses. Applicant must be able to lift 20 pounds and carry for short distances approximately from a parking lot to an end user's desk.
Job Reference #: 1573