PXG - Core Support Engineer
Position Title: Core Support Engineer I
Department: YAM Technology
Report To: Core Support Manager
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
The Core Support Engineer is where the buck stops on escalations. This role works with application's monitors and alerts and explores log files
for advanced troubleshooting. This role directly interacts with vendor support resources and manages the progress of long-running support cases.
This role handles escalations that do not have existing SOPs or documentation, and then creates the documentation for other roles to follow in
the future. Critical and out of the box thinking is a must for this position, as many unique problems require creative solutions beyond standard
troubleshooting paradigms. This role also requires contributing to existing codebases using common development tools such as GitHub, Ansible,
Jenkins and similar.
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services—from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
- Advocate for the evolve of systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and usability.
- Assist with the design and integration of internal applications and toolsets.
- Work with SRE teams to provide networking support and troubleshooting on equipment.
- Manage life cycle of internal and customer-facing applications.
- Act as primary subject matter expert on one or more applications.
- Act as the primary point of contact for vendor support on one or more applications.
- Assist with development and integration of new service offerings for internal IT and our portfolio companies.
- Work with SRE team to maintain and test disaster recovery policies based on per-business RPO and RTO.
- Suggest solutions for Process Improvement where observed.
- Work both independently and as part of a scalable team, think analytically, and identify the best-fit solution.
- Work thoroughly and accurately under time constraints and deadlines as needed.
- Read, analyze, and interpret technical documents and reports.
- Communicate effectively, both written and oral with co-workers and various business vendors in a courteous and professional manner.
Experience and Education Required:
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience in a systems administration role.
- Minimum 3 years experience with Enterprise Linux and Windows Server platforms.
- Minimum 1 year experience with Cloud Frameworks (AWS, GCP, Azure).
- Minimum 1 year experience with Configuration Management (Ansible, Chef, Salt, Puppet).
- Minimum 1 year experience with Docker containers in an enterprise environments.
- Strong experience implementing and supporting highly available, redundant Application environments is required.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services is a plus.
- Experience with Virtual environments (KVM, VMWare) is a plus.
- Experience with web based applications (NGINX, IIS, Web services).
- Experience with three tier architecture is a plus.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies is a plus.
- Experience with Databases/SQL preferred (Postgres, MSSQL, MYSQL, Dynamo) is a plus.
- Familiarity with application containers/container orchestration (Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, Rancher) is a plus .
- Intermediate networking skills including firewall and switching
- Advanced virtualization and OS management
- Strong attention to detail.
- Very Strong problem solving & troubleshooting skills including ability to perform root cause analysis for preventative analysis.
- Fluent with participating and/or executing the multiple stages of testing (i.e. Unit, System, Integration, Performance, Regression).
- Authoring and maintenance of technical documentation
- Capable of independently solving moderate to extremely complex problems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including writing ability to update tickets with status and communicate daily /weekly
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage a diversified workload.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with all levels of operations and client’s services.
This position will be exposed to various working conditions, both in a team environment and independently. Must be able to sit and work at a desk
and stand for long periods of time. This position will be required to travel to various properties depending on needs. Work from home will be
available on occasion. Additionally, on-call rotation periods may include support requests during off-hours, weekends or holidays, as those are
typically high sales days for our retail businesses. Applicant must be able to lift 20 pounds and carry for short distances approximately from a
parking lot to an end user's desk.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1267