PXG - Controller (Scottsdale, AZ)
Parsons Xtreme Golf (PXG) was founded by American entrepreneur and philanthropist Bob Parsons with the sole intent to design and develop the world’s finest golf clubs – and we believe we have done just that! With no cost or time constraints, PXG is committed to the long process of researching various alloys, exploring new technologies, and identifying the unique properties that make PXG clubs perform unlike anything else. With no set product release cycles, the company takes its time and pours every ounce of innovation into each new club design. PXG offers a full lineup of right and left-handed golf clubs, including drivers, fairway woods, hybrids, irons, wedges, and putters, as well as a complete line of high-performance, fashion-forward apparel. Ready to join the PXG team?
The Controller is responsible for the day-to-day leadership and management of the accounting functions for Parsons Xtreme Golf, growing, global manufacturing, and retail company. The ideal candidate should have retail, manufacturing, or inventory control experience. This position reports to the Director of Financial Operations.
- Manage all aspects of the accounting cycle for several domestic and international entities including accounts receivable, accounts payable, credit/collections, treasury, month-end, and year-end close, and financial reporting on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Provides leadership and supervision to the Finance team by establishing goals and objectives, fostering engagement and participation, and motivating employees to maintain a high-performance work culture.
- Assists in the development of strategic operational plans, processes and procedures to support changing business demands while maintaining high-quality standards and appropriate internal control safeguards.
- Promotes teamwork and synergy between departments; sets a good personal example of attitude and performance
- Actively seeks opportunities to create operational efficiencies; leverages technology to improve business processes through automation, reduction of manual data entry, and increased digitization of documents and transactions
- Monitors changes in the sales environment to ensure the timely and accurate submission of monthly/quarterly sales tax and VAT filings
- Reconciliation of bank accounts, petty cash, balance sheet, general ledger accounts and credit cards; preparation and posting of journal entries
- Respond to requests from internal and external auditors on accounting and audit matters; provide schedules and documents related to the audits of the Company’s financial statements
- Special projects as assigned
Experience and Education Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or comparable work experience in accounting
- 7 years of accounting/controller experience
- Prior experience with inventory in a retail or manufacturing environment preferred
- A professional, positive and flexible attitude
- Must be dependable, responsible, self-managed, and follow through with the minimum direction
- Thrives in a collaborative work environment with open communication with peers and supervisors
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Superior attention to detail and accuracy
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable in an environment with competing deadlines and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle confidential information in a discreet and professional manner
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
- Experience with automated accounting systems is required; experience with Acumatica is a plus
This position primarily works in an office/golf shop environment. Must be able to bend, crouch, sit, stand, and lift.
PXG is a drug-free, smoke-free, and fragrance-free work environment.
PXG believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (and gender identity or gender nonconformity), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws. PXG will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable laws.
Job Reference #: 1510