PXG - Content/Writer Producer (Remote)
PXG was founded by American entrepreneur and philanthropist Bob Parsons with the sole intent to design and develop the world’s finest golf clubs – and we believe we have done just that! With no cost or time constraints, PXG is committed to the long process of researching various alloys, exploring new technologies, and identifying the unique properties that make PXG clubs perform unlike anything else. With no set product release cycles, the company takes its time and pours every ounce of innovation into each new club design. PXG offers a full lineup of right and left-handed golf clubs, including drivers, fairway woods, hybrids, irons, wedges, and putters, as well as a complete line of high-performance, fashion-forward apparel. Ready to join the PXG team?
PXG is seeking to smash golf’s traditionalist mindset with content that takes big swings, delivers mass appeal, and elicits visceral reactions from our audiences.
We are looking for a seasoned, creative, and versatile Writer/Producer for our Content Marketing Team. Can you make magic from bits and pieces, bring scripted concepts to life, or spin an engaging story in 60 seconds or less? If you're a creator whose work stands out and breaks through, then we want to work with you. We're looking for an experienced innovator, who's fast on their feet and able to make the audience feel something with every piece they produce. A problem-solver who can craft a spot while juggling multiple projects at a time. While editing experience is not essential, some experience is preferred. An informed knowledge of the latest in golf, pop culture, and social media is also critically important. The ability to write and script short-form concepts and shoot campaigns is also necessary.
You will be tasked with producing creative and effective promotional content that encompasses all aspects of our PXG universe. From initial creative conception to seeing projects through execution, you will need to innovate and think strategically to support a multiplatform landscape. Being able to lead in the development, design, and production of attention-grabbing content that breaks through a cluttered, competitive marketing landscape will be essential to success in this role.
- Conceive, write, and produce a wide range of funny, innovative, sticky content for social and other digital platforms.
- Generate ideas. We want someone who can think about golf and marketing from new perspectives. A powerhouse idea-generator who seamlessly blends creative and strategic thinking.
- Work closely with editors, designers, audio mixers, and finishers to develop powerful creativity from beginning to end.
- Collaborate with project managers to deliver executions on time and on budget.
- Communicate clearly with high-level talent, producers, and third-party vendors
- Actively participate in brainstorms across various teams in everything from content strategies to optimizing the creative workflow.
- Receive and productively utilize feedback from fellow writers/producers and creative directors.
- Identify emerging social trends and create content that taps into current conversations happening on various platforms
- Focus on real-time, quick turn content to help PXG become a thought leader in the digital content space
- Other duties are assigned as needed.
Experience and Education:
- A college degree in a related field is preferred.
- At least 3 years of experience as a Writer/Producer
- Experience across multiple genres (Humor, Sports, Comedy, Technology, Live Event)
- Must have strong attention to detail and be a self-starter
- The ability to produce with limited direction is key
- Knowledge of traditional and digital marketing, content marketing, and social media marketing
- Experience in the golf industry is a plus
- Exhibit conceptual, creative, and strategic thinking with sound instincts.
- Superior writing and producing skills.
- Strong communication, presentation skills, and positive team collaboration is a must.
- Strong knowledge of the pre-production, production, and post-production process.
- Must have administrative skills to meet the demands of a fast-paced environment with pressing deadlines and changing priorities.
- Ability to manage workflow and deadlines for multiple projects across teams.
- Knowledge of digital and social best practices.
- Must have a firm grasp of relevant marketing trends, golf trends, and lifestyle/fashion industry trends.
- Enthusiasm for golf or sports in general
- Flexible with your schedule, excited, and willing to travel.
- Must be able to sit, stand or walk for long periods.
PXG is a drug-free, smoke-free, and fragrance-free work environment.
PXG believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (and gender identity or gender nonconformity), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws. YAM will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable laws.