PXG - CNC Machinist
PXG was founded by American entrepreneur and philanthropist Bob Parsons with the sole intent to design and develop the world’s finest golf clubs – and we believe we have done just that! With no cost or time constraints, PXG is committed to the long process of researching various alloys, exploring new technologies, and identifying the unique properties that make PXG clubs perform unlike anything else. With no set product release cycles, the company takes its time and pours every ounce of innovation into each new club design. PXG offers a full lineup of right and left-handed golf clubs, including drivers, fairway woods, hybrids, irons, wedges, and putters, as well as a complete line of high-performance, fashion-forward apparel. Ready to join the PXG team?
CNC 5-Axis Milling Operators independently set up proven and unproven programs; load, run and inspect parts while monitoring and adjusting processes, machine and tool conditions in a prototype shop environment
- Perform machine startup, production and shutdown procedures
- Perform set-up, operation, program editing and inspection of hardware, with minimal assistance in accordance with model-based definition, machine prints, SOP’s and other supporting documentation and procedures
- Monitor cutting tool wear and replace indexable inserts, shrink fit and collet held tools
- Installation of workholding devices and performing alignment procedures
- Probing and adjustment of work offsets
- Perform preventative maintenance and cleaning of equipment and work area in accordance with company standards and machine manufacturer’s recommendations
- Prepare and verify material to be used in production
- Inspect parts to model/print tolerances and process specifications
- Review work-in-progress to ensure quality and timeliness
- Ensure high quality completion on all jobs
- Perform de-burr, conventional(manual) machining operations and rework
Experience and Education Required:
- Trade school or Technical college degree/certificate with minimum 2 years of 5-axis experience OR 5 years applicable experience
- Experience using CAD design and CNC machining packages such as SolidWorks/Creo and MasterCam not required but helpful
- Familiarity with Haas Control
- Ability to run Manual Mill/Lathe preferred
- GTAW welding experience preferred
- Golf equipment knowledge a plus
- Enthusiastic, positive attitude and hands on approach to manufacturing
- Must be able to interpret industry machine prints in accordance with ASME Y14.5
- Must be able to determine machine tool and CNC program errors
- Excellent communication skills required to interface with designers and engineers
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Strong focus on quality
- Display a high level of self-motivation, accountability and willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Demonstrate a high level of confidentiality, honesty and integrity in all situations
This position primarily works in a loud machine shop environment. This position is occasionally required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, and lift up to 50lbs. May be required to stand on feet for lengthy periods of time. This position may be exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.
YAM Worldwide is a drug-free, smoke-free, and fragrance-free work environment.
YAM believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (and gender identity or gender nonconformity), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws. YAM will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable laws.
Job Reference #: 1168