PXG - Buyer IV Apparel & Accessories (Scottsdale, Arizona)
Parsons Xtreme Golf (PXG) was founded by American entrepreneur and philanthropist Bob Parsons with the sole intent to design and develop the world’s finest golf clubs – and we believe we have done just that! With no cost or time constraints, PXG is committed to the long process of researching various alloys, exploring new technologies, and identifying the unique properties that make PXG clubs perform unlike anything else. With no set product release cycles, the company takes its time and pours every ounce of innovation into each new club design. PXG offers a full lineup of right and left-handed golf clubs, including drivers, fairway woods, hybrids, irons, wedges, and putters, as well as a complete line of high-performance, fashion-forward apparel. Ready to join the PXG team?
The Apparel and Accessories Buyer has overall responsibility for the merchandise planning and buying of all channels of business (Retail, Wholesale, Off-Price) and direction of the organization's merchandise allocation objectives and initiatives throughout the life cycle of the product. Develops strategies/processes that support the Company and collaborates with internal business partners to maintain quality, and consistency and improve allocation execution.
- The Apparel and Accessories Buyer will be responsible for supporting the Wholesale & DTC planning process in developing seasonal, core plans & strategies that meet or exceed targets.
- Partner with the Sales team to build annual & seasonal top-down & bottom-up sales & inventory plans by channel, account, & classification.
- Create and maintain the Retail Open-To-Buy. Partner with the Sales team & Category & Insights to tie all forecasting to company-wide goals & accountability.
- Create seasonal merchandising strategies and line plans
- Develop and execute strategies to achieve financial objectives in assigned categories
- Visit key markets on a consistent basis to understand specific store and customer needs
- Determine aged merchandise and propose run out plan and end-of-season markdown cadence
- Become an expert in customer purchasing trends and behaviors.
- Monitor performance of sales & inventory plans in Open-To-Buy on a weekly & monthly basis.
- Run weekly reports, analyze, & communicate key takeaways and financial information to the Sales team & management.
- Monitor & track receipt flow & partner as necessary with Production to ensure delivery dates are met.
- Partner with Wholesale Sales, International Sales, & DTC teams to optimize inventory sharing across channels & warehouses.
- Review wholesale sales order inventory needs weekly, & issue needed inventory transfers to ensure all orders are filled & shipped.
- Monitor sales performance & stock levels of the Core assortment on a consistent basis to ensure a healthy stock position.
- Forecasting of raw materials for Core program to improve lead times for recuts
- Lead markdown cadence management & strategies to off-price end-of-season inventory.
- Partner with Merchandising to oversee global OTB & gauge optimal seasonal ATS position.
Experience and Education Required:
- BA/BS degree or preferably master’s degree in a related field preferred
- 7 years of experience in the apparel-related role
- Apparel and Golf industry experience or knowledge preferred
- Advanced Excel
- Must be comfortable working in and pulling data from multiple data sources
- Ability to develop reports for executive-level review.
- Experience in a mid to large-size company in a planning capacity.
- Strong knowledge of data management, planning systems, and financial calculations.
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office, SAP, Business Objects.
- Experienced people leader who has built, developed and retained high-performing teams
- Compelling storyteller with a strong strategic and analytical mindset, and eager to own outcomes end-to-end, continually refining and delivering the company’s narrative
- A high degree of creativity, independence, self-motivation, and drive
- Robust ability to present complex material both to technical teams as well as to consumers in a way that relates to each audience
- Well-developed time management, organizational, and follow-through skills
- Expert-level experience in marketing internet advertising products and an understanding of data-driven, programmatic marketing strategies and tactics
- Passion for engaging with customers and prospects
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to change in a highly dynamic work environment
This position works in an office environment.
PXG is a drug-free, smoke-free, and fragrance-free work environment.
PXG believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (and gender identity or gender nonconformity), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws. YAM will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable laws.
Job Reference #: 1939