PXG - Assistant Retail Store Manager (Cincinnati, Ohio)
**Store targeted to open 2nd Quarter 2023**
Parsons Xtreme Golf (PXG) was founded by American entrepreneur and philanthropist Bob Parsons with the sole intent to design and develop the world’s finest golf clubs – and we believe we have done just that! With no cost or time constraints, PXG is committed to the long process of researching various alloys, exploring new technologies, and identifying the unique properties that make PXG clubs perform unlike anything else. With no set product release cycles, the company takes its time and pours every ounce of innovation into each new club design. PXG offers a full lineup of right and left-handed golf clubs, including drivers, fairway woods, hybrids, irons, wedges, and putters, as well as a complete line of high-performance, fashion-forward apparel. Ready to join the PXG team?
The Assistant Retail Store Manager will work closely with the Retail Store Manager to drive and maximize sales performance while ensuring operational integrity.
- Works with the Retail Store Manager to drive and maximize sales performance to achieve the overall sales budget objectives, while ensuring operational integrity and monitoring monthly productivity.
- Demonstrates leadership by playing an active role on the sales floor.
- The Assistant Store Manager provides support to the Retail Store Manager in the overall management of the PXG store; may be assigned Store Management responsibilities as professional development dictates.
- In partnership with the Retail Store Manager, this position leads and develops the team, delivers operational excellence, and ensures the highest level of client satisfaction is delivered at all times.
- Assumes the role of Retail Store Manager in the absence of the Store Manager in accordance with Company operating standards.
- Promotes excellence in customer service by ensuring store teams are professionally greeting and assisting customers; responds to customer inquiries in a professional and timely manner.
- Utilizes superior product knowledge, conveying features and benefits, and brand history to educate customers and increase sales.
- Captures meaningful customer data for the purpose of building relationships to personalize future client development opportunities.
- Supports Store Manager in conceptualizing and executing local initiatives that drive incremental traffic into the store.
- Ensures that merchandise is properly managed, displayed, stored, and maintained.
- Maintains a professional and premium store appearance, including cleanliness, visual merchandising, and a high standard of the organization. Trains associates on visual merchandising techniques to ensure the store is always properly maintained.
- Supports store inventory management, including but not limited to, processing incoming and outgoing shipments, transfers, and replenishment requests based on company policy and inventory counts.
- Assists with all transactional and accounting processes in accordance with guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Recruits, interviews, and trains store associates as required.
- Monitors associates’ sales activities and productivity; motivates and trains associates to achieve their full potential.
- Coaches behaviors and supports the Store Manager in fostering a culture of development; manages and motivates the team to drive business; create a positive work environment and fosters collaboration within the team.
Job Skills Required:
- Appreciation and desire to excel in client service in a retail environment
- Proven track record of providing superior customer service along with strong, sales-closing abilities
- Excellent listening, verbal and written skills, and ability to prioritize/effectively respond to individual needs
- Enthusiastic team player and self-starter with demonstrated abilities to lead and motivate a diverse team
- Strong collaboration skills to partner with Store Manager, peers, and clients
- Present a polished and professional demeanor and appearance
- Proficient in MS Office and CRM/sales database experience helpful
- Ability to monitor and analyze internal data against assigned KPIs
Job Skills Preferred:
- Golf luxury experience preferred, but not required. Golf industry contacts and a solid network are a plus.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Self-driven and directed, with a strong sense of ownership
- Team player mentality & self-motivated
- BA/BS degree preferred
- Must possess a valid US driver's license and a clean driving record
Years of Experience:
- 2 years of retail leadership experience
- Not applicable
Perks of working at PXG:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Generous PTO and paid holidays
- 401(k) with company match
- Dependent Care and Health Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid parental leave
- Employer paid short-term disability and life insurance
- Free set of golf clubs after 90 days
- Employee Discounts
- Smart Casual Dress Code
- Free in-house café with coffee and snacks
This position works both in an office and a golf course/club environment. Must be able to bend, crouch, sit and stand for multiple hours each day.
PXG is a drug-free, smoke-free, and fragrance-free work environment.
PXG believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (and gender identity or gender nonconformity), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws. PXG will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities in accordance with applicable laws.
Job Reference #: 2166