PXG - Assistant Controller (Scottsdale, Arizona)
PXG was founded by American entrepreneur and philanthropist Bob Parsons with the sole intent to design and develop the world’s finest golf clubs – and we believe we have done just that! With no cost or time constraints, PXG is committed to the long process of researching various alloys, exploring new technologies, and identifying the unique properties that make PXG clubs perform unlike anything else. With no set product release cycles, the company takes its time and pours every ounce of innovation into each new club design. PXG offers a full lineup of right and left-handed golf clubs, including drivers, fairway woods, hybrids, irons, wedges, and putters, as well as a complete line of high-performance, fashion-forward apparel. Ready to join the PXG team?
The Assistant Controller is responsible for supporting the month end close cycle by providing timely and accurate reports, data and information necessary to the Controller/CFO. This position will also assist in identifying gaps in our business processes and driving process improvements.
This role supports our fast-growing global businesses while maintaining high quality standards and appropriate internal control safeguards for Parsons Xtreme Golf (PXG), a growing, global manufacturing and retail company. This position works cross functionally within the PXG Accounting and Supply chain teams. The role supports improvement initiatives throughout the department, supporting growth and standard processes.
To be successful in this role, this individual must have a knack for problem solving and be analytical. This person should also be collaborative and have a strong work ethic.
- Assist/support all aspects of the accounting cycle and accounting transactions related to the month end/year end close process and drive process improvement
- Prepare and analyze financial reports in an accurate and timely manner
- Responsible for Month End consolidations
- Coordinate analysis across different functions, business areas and locations
- Identify variances and issues and clearly communicate them to the Controller
- Assist in preparing and revising forecasts and annual budgets
- Recommend process improvements across the department to include AP, AR & General Accounting
- Hands on Analysis of daily/monthly financial transactions
- Lead the weekly cash forecasting process
- Assist/Support all account reconciliations
- Assist in financial training and development of accounting staff
- Assist with the Creation, update and implementation of all necessary accounting policies, procedures and standards and ensure adherence
- Establish and maintain appropriate internal control safeguards
- Ensure all the financial systems and controls meet requirements and are in line with all relevant legislation and financial reporting guidelines
- Lead for internal/external audits
- Perform adhoc projects and assist in all areas of operation as requested by the CFO and Controller
Experience and Education Required:
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance
- Advanced degree is a plus
- 5-8 years hands-on accounting experience (manufacturing and/or retail preferred)
- A professional, positive and flexible attitude
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy is imperative
- Strong planning, organizational and analytical skills
- Strong work ethic
- Must be dependable, responsible, self-managed and follow through with minimum direction
- Ability to perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism
- Must demonstrate sound judgment and ability to prioritize.
- Work well with others, be an effective team member.
- Excel power user with advanced functions (vlookups, pivot tables, etc.)
- Familiar with a professional office environment.
- Experience with automated accounting systems is required
- Ability to handle confidential information in a discreet and professional manner
This position primarily works in an office environment. Must be able to sit and stand for long periods of time.
PXG is a drug-free, smoke-free, and fragrance-free work environment.
PXG believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (and gender identity or gender nonconformity), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws. PXG will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities in accordance with applicable laws.
Job Reference #: 1969