PXG - Animator and Motion Designer (Hybrid)
PXG was founded by American entrepreneur and philanthropist Bob Parsons with the sole intent to design and develop the world’s finest golf clubs – and we believe we have done just that! With no cost or time constraints, PXG is committed to the long process of researching various alloys, exploring new technologies, and identifying the unique properties that make PXG clubs perform unlike anything else. With no set product release cycles, the company takes its time and pours every ounce of innovation into each new club design. PXG offers a full lineup of right and left-handed golf clubs, including drivers, fairway woods, hybrids, irons, wedges, and putters, as well as a complete line of high-performance, fashion-forward apparel. Ready to join the PXG team?
We’re looking for a 3D Animator who can bring products to life through brilliant storytelling and immaculate world-building. The right candidate will be the perfect blend of video editor, animator, and 3D renderer – combining those disciplines to create compelling visual stories that showcase product features and benefits while hitting the right notes that intrigue the audience and voice our brand. You will be an artist and a technical expert; a connoisseur of movies, Super Bowl ads, and pop culture with a relaxed energy that masks your drive to achieve. You can also tell a good dad joke. (yup)
- Conceptualize compelling ideas that create engaging visual narratives for our product
- Develop detailed storyboards and style frames that sell the concept and direct the team to execute
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to tell the right story: marketing, equipment, and brand
- Lead the visual development of polished product videos from concept to execution
- Research market trends, customer insights, and product technology to create the next big thing
- Stay up to date with the latest animation trends in creative and technology
- Other responsibilities as requested
- Immaculate eye for details in modeling, lighting, and rendering that bring animations to life
- Expert knowledge of the tools needed to produce polished imagery and videos ready for the marketplace
- Strong conceptual and critical thinking skills
- Excellent ability to explain and support your thinking
- Exceptional organizational skills: your file naming is impeccable, your file structure immaculate
- A great attitude, willingness to learn; able to absorb and apply feedback; can roll with it
- Strong knowledge of color, typography, design, and graphic principles
- A passion for art, advertising, design, culture, and trends
- BFA / BA / BS
- 7 years of experience as an animator/video editor in an industry or with an agency
- Strong communication skills and ability to stay on-task with projects through completion
- An online portfolio demonstrating your animation, rendering, and video editing skills
- Strong foundation in Cinema 4D, 3DS MAX, Redshift, Corona, HDR, Light Studio, Rhino 3D, Team Center
Adobe CC, Premiere, AfterEffects, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Strong Keying, Rotoscoping, Color Correction skills
- Energetic, positive, and can roll with the craziness and laugh it off (this is important)
This position can be a hybrid between remote and in-office work; requires sitting or standing for long periods of time working on a computer or talking on the phone; may require attendance of off-site events and in-office meetings.
PXG is a drug-free, smoke-free, and fragrance-free work environment.
PXG believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (and gender identity or gender nonconformity), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws. PXG will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable laws.
Job Reference #: 1767