PXG - Accounts Payable Specialist (Scottsdale, Arizona)
Parsons Xtreme Golf (PXG) was founded by American entrepreneur and philanthropist Bob Parsons with the sole intent to design and develop the world’s finest golf clubs – and we believe we have done just that! With no cost or time constraints, PXG is committed to the long process of researching various alloys, exploring new technologies, and identifying the unique properties that make PXG clubs perform unlike anything else. With no set product release cycles, the company takes its time and pours every ounce of innovation into each new club design. PXG offers a full lineup of right and left-handed golf clubs, including drivers, fairway woods, hybrids, irons, wedges, and putters, as well as a complete line of high-performance, fashion-forward apparel. Ready to join the PXG team?
The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for all aspects of accounts payable. Completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices. We are looking for a self-driven, dynamic individual with strong problem-solving skills and a positive attitude. This role supports our fast-growing global businesses while maintaining high-quality standards and appropriate internal control safeguards for Parsons Xtreme Golf (PXG), a growing, global manufacturing and retail company. This position works cross-functionally within the PXG Accounting and Supply chain teams. The role supports improvement initiatives throughout the department, supporting growth and standard processes.
To be successful in this role, this individual must have strong accounts payable experience, a knack for problem-solving and be analytical. This person should also be collaborative and have a strong work ethic.
- Code invoices, input into accounting software, and cut & release checks on a weekly basis.
- Responsible for ensuring invoices received by accounts payable are entered into the ERP properly
- Duties include performing 2- and 3-way matches to process vendor payments
- Supervises some activities in the accounts payable function.
- Ensures timely payments of vendor invoices and expense vouchers and maintains accurate records and control reports.
- Responsible for preparing accounts payable register and related aging reports.
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Review and ensure proper documentation, and correct coding, and allow the ability of payments
- Work with buyers to resolve any Discrepancies between PO, invoice, and receipt
- Follow up on returns to vendors and apply debit memos as needed
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Charges expenses to accounts and departments by analyzing invoice/expense reports, and recording entries.
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verifying federal id numbers; scheduling and preparing checks; resolving purchase orders, contracts, invoices, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
- Pays employees by receiving and verifying expense reports and requests for advances, and preparing checks.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Correspond with vendors and respond to vendor payment inquires
- Reports sales taxes by calculating requirements on paid invoices.
- A 2-year or greater degree is preferred.
Years of Experience:
- Candidate must have at least 5 years’ experience in accounting
Job Skills Required:
- Strong computer skills using Microsoft Office, primarily Excel & Word are a must.
- Experience with automated accounting systems is required, experience with Acumatica is a plus
- Prior experience with multi-state operations is a plus
Soft Skills Required:
- A professional, positive, and flexible attitude
- Must be dependable, responsible, self-managed, and follow through with minimal direction
- Thrives in a collaborative work environment with open communication with peers and supervisors
- Applicant must have complete knowledge of the accounts payable process
- Ability to interact with a variety of personnel.
- Excellent organization & prioritization skills are a must.
- Strong and effective interpersonal skills. Display leadership and team-building skills, self-confidence, motivation, and decisiveness.
- Ability to organize, coordinate and direct the department’s efforts.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and high-volume environment with an emphasis on accuracy & timeliness.
- Ability to establish and maintain a cooperative and effective working environment.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work independently within deadlines.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Perks of working at PXG:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Generous PTO and paid holidays
- 401(k) with company match
- Dependent Care and Health Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid parental leave
- Employer paid short-term disability and life insurance
- Free set of golf clubs after 90 days
- Employee Discounts
- Smart Casual Dress Code
- Free in-house café with coffee and snacks
This position works in an office environment. Must be able to bend, crouch, sit, and stand for multiple hours each day.
PXG is a drug-free, smoke-free, and fragrance-free work environment.
PXG believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (and gender identity or gender nonconformity), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws. PXG will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities in accordance with applicable laws.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 2184