PXG - Accounts Payable Manager (Scottsdale, Arizona)
Parsons Xtreme Golf (PXG) was founded by American entrepreneur and philanthropist Bob Parsons with the sole intent to design and develop the world’s finest golf clubs – and we believe we have done just that! With no cost or time constraints, PXG is committed to the long process of researching various alloys, exploring new technologies, and identifying the unique properties that make PXG clubs perform unlike anything else. With no set product release cycles, the company takes its time and pours every ounce of innovation into each new club design. PXG offers a full lineup of right and left-handed golf clubs, including drivers, fairway woods, hybrids, irons, wedges, and putters, as well as a complete line of high-performance, fashion-forward apparel. Ready to join the PXG team?
The Accounts Payable Manager will support worldwide operations in North America, Asia, and Europe. The successful candidate should have a strong background in accounts payable and their impact on cash flow. Additionally, you will work cross-functionally within the PXG Finance team to drive improvements throughout the department, supporting growth and standard processes.
This position will work with all PXG functional team members to ensure optimal short-term and long-term decision-making. The successful candidate will provide support for our continuous forecasting and review of PXG cash flow.
The Accounts Payable Manager is responsible for all aspects of AP and has a working knowledge of the end-to-end purchase-to-pay cycle and its processes. The successful candidate must provide leadership to the day-to-day operations of the AP accounting department in a growing company. The individual must be capable of performing a high level of analysis to support ad hoc requests and projects. We are looking for a self-driven, dynamic individual with strong problem-solving skills and a positive attitude.
This position supports the development of AP reporting, process improvement, and standard operating procedures to support changing global business demands while maintaining high-quality standards and appropriate internal control safeguards for Parsons Xtreme Golf, a growing, global manufacturing and retail company. The ideal candidate should have retail, manufacturing, or international business experience.
- Lead and support continuous improvement activities throughout all functional aspects of the purchase-to-pay cycle.
- Ensures that suppliers are paid in accordance with company policy, enforces and adheres to internal controls for the AP function; prepares weekly reporting
- Reviews and validates transaction coding
- Manages weekly payment runs, including managerial payment reporting
- Mentors and manages a team of 3 AP specialists, which includes measuring and reporting on the team’s performance against KPIs
- Identifies tangible process improvements and works closely with management to execute new designs, with an understanding of effective internal controls
- Processes 3-way match invoices, voids, and stop payments, as needed to support the team
- Reviews outgoing wire payments, check, and ACH for various transactions including property acquisitions, development, construction, and overhead costs, with appropriate coding
- Performs month-end procedures including accruals, AP sub-ledger to ledger reconciliation, open purchase order analysis, and monthly payment calendar reconciliation
- Ensures proper processes and procedures are established to safeguard the company’s assets
- Liaise with third-party service providers to resolve AP system issues.
- Performs a variety of tasks. Leads and directs the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Review and ensure proper documentation, and correct coding, and allow the ability of payments
- Work with buyers/planners to resolve any discrepancies between PO, invoice, and receipt
- Follow up on returns to vendors and apply debit memos as needed
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports, and recording entries.
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verifying federal id numbers; scheduling and preparing checks; resolving purchase orders, contracts, invoices, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
- Pays employees by receiving and verifying expense reports and requests for advances.
- Prepare and maintain vendor files (W9s, W-8BENS, banking information) and validate year-end reporting (1099’s). Assist with additional areas of accounting and ad hoc requests such as managing the collection of outstanding receivables and communication with customers regarding payment status
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Correspond with vendors and respond to vendor payment inquiries.
- Proficient at tracking budget expenses, analyzing detailed Information, broad accounting knowledge, and focus on vendor relationships.
- BA/BS in Business with an emphasis in Finance or Accounting
Years of Experience:
- 5 years’ progressive Accounts Payable experience with 3 years in management.
Job Skills Required:
- Exceptional knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, cash flow principles, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Advanced experience working in Microsoft tools (i.e., Excel, PowerPoint) and business intelligence software (i.e., Tableau)
- Must have substantial ERP AP system experience, as well as 1099 filing experience.
- Experience in manufacturing company desired
- Comfortable rolling up your sleeves and carrying out detailed, complex analysis
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple deliverables.
- The mindset of continuous process improvements with a focus on questioning the status quo.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills and proven experience in cultivating collaborative working relationships with teams across an organization
- Promotes a safe and inclusive workforce.
- Experience with automated accounting systems is required, experience with Acumatica is a plus
Soft Skills Required:
- A professional, positive, and flexible attitude
- Ability to multi-task, stay organized, and prioritize competing deadlines in a fast-paced and continuously changing environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects and external entities
- Work with various teams across multiple locations to promote consistency and ensure adherence to processes
- Must be dependable, responsible, self-managed, and follow through with the minimum direction
- Thrives in a collaborative work environment with open communication with peers and supervisors
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Superior attention to detail and accuracy
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle confidential information in a discreet and professional manner
Perks of working at PXG:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Generous PTO and paid holidays
- 401(k) with company match
- Dependent Care and Health Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid parental leave
- Employer paid short-term disability and life insurance
- Free set of golf clubs after 90 days
- Employee Discounts
- Smart Casual Dress Code
- Free in-house café with coffee and snacks
This position works in an office environment. Must be able to bend, crouch, sit, and stand for multiple hours each day.
PXG is a drug-free, smoke-free, and fragrance-free work environment.
PXG believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (and gender identity or gender nonconformity), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws. PXG will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities in accordance with applicable laws.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 2183