The Operations Engineer is responsible for implementing new technologies and maintaining existing server infrastructure. This position will interact with the IT department and all levels of the organization to assist in making informed decisions to meet business objectives. An ideal candidate will have had an IT consulting background that serviced multiple clients and environments.
- Provide infrastructure support and troubleshooting on a variety of server operating systems (Windows 2012 R2+, Linux, Azure, and AWS)
- Provide OS level networking support and troubleshooting
- Provide capacity planning and infrastructure consolidation plans as required.
- Provide and maintain support to various Windows applications and services.
- Maintain and review IT dashboards and alerting systems to ensure all critical devices are monitored and healthy
- Perform maintenance of all hardware and software to provide a stable and reliable environment and implement IT security policies, procedures, and technologies.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex desktop and server platform issues, assisting the help desk team when escalation occurs.
- Provide basic and advanced internal cross training for IT staff on various technical issues and systems.
- Work both independently and as part of a scalable team, think analytically, and identify the best-fit solution.
- Communicate effectively, both written and oral with co-workers and various business vendors in a courteous and professional manner.
- Provide quality assurance for vendor-related work such as conduit and electrical installs, fiber pulls and equipment placement.
- Work completely and accurately under time constraints and deadlines.
- Read, analyze, and interpret technical documents and reports.
- Other duties and projects assigned by the Principal Architect, Project Management, and IT Director.
- Participate in an on-call rotation schedule
Experience and Education:
- Candidate should have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the IT field
- Bachelor’s Degree with IT competencies is strongly preferred
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a Windows systems administrator role
- IT Consulting experience is strongly preferred
- Intermediate Powershell scripting or experience with process automation
- Advanced hypervisor experience: VMware 6.x, KVM, and/or Hyper-V
- Proficiency in MS Office applications including Office 365
- Proficiency with Windows 7 and above
- Proficiency with Mac OS
- Group policy management
- Linux/Unix experience
- Basic/Intermediate Amazon AWS, Azure AD, GCP or related cloud provider experience
- Intermediate load balancer experience (hardware or software)
- Intermediate virtual desktop experience (Microsoft RDS, Citrix)
- PCI Compliance
- Familiarity with ITIL work flow and processes
- Experience with security products such as identity management, dual factor authentication, vulnerability assessment, Wireshark/packet capturing
Job Status: Full Time