YAM is a privately held company based in Scottsdale, Arizona. We are currenlty seeking a part time in-house Immigration Paralegal. Our company is home to a variety of businesses in the fields of power sports, golf, real estate, marketing, and philanthropy.
The Immigration Paralegal will handle legal matters pertaining to immigration matters across our businesses, providing advice and guidance to our business leaders and employees on citizenship issues, travel visas, immigrant visa petitions, work permits, consular processing, naturalization, etc. The Immigration Paralegal will report to the Special Counsel at our headquarters.
- Manage the work visa/authorization process from start to finish
- Manage internal files related to work visas/authorization to ensure all relevant information is properly documented
- Maintain and update tracking charts related to work visas/authorization
- Assist employees with complete applications, forms, letters, and any other documents related to work visas/authorization
- Work closely and provide support to Human Resources with regards to immigration inquiries
- Stay abreast of changes in requirements for visas and work authorization worldwide
- Implement and conduct training related to visa and general work authorization requirements
- Oversee all visa and work authorization related worksite audits and inspections
- Other duties as directed.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIRED:
- Degree or Certificate in paralegal studies
- Three or more years of domestic immigration/visa experience
- Fluent in Spanish
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently, meet demanding deadlines in a fast-paced environment, prioritize workflow and adjust to frequent workload fluctuations
- Enthusiastic advocate for our employees with regards to immigration rights
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
- Self-starter with excellent organizational and project management skills
- Ability to work independently was well as in a team
Job Status: Full Time