Human Resources Specialist
This position will provide HR generalist and recruiting support for the various businesses within the YAM group of companies.
· Provide first level HR support to employees and managers; "walk the halls" approach to establish strong relationships with employees
· Work with hiring managers to create job descriptions, and manage the sourcing, interviewing and offer process ensuring appropriate technical skills and work culture/environment fit
· Assist managers with employee relations situations, provide recommendations and resolve in an appropriate and timely manner
· Assist in development and implementation of policies and procedures
· Work with the broader HR team to create/manage employee engagement efforts and other special projects
· Prepare various reports from internal HRIS for senior leaders as needed
· Maintain compliance with all federal and state regulations concerning employment
· Perform other related duties as required and assigned
· A Bachelor's degree in Business related field or equivalent work experience
· 5 years of Human Resources experience
· A professional, positive and flexible attitude
· Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
· Ability to exercise independent judgment with a fair and diplomatic approach
· Ability to work in an environment with competing deadlines and changing priorities
· Exhibit excellent dependability and ability to maintain confidentiality
This position primarily works in an office environment. Must be able to sit and stand for long periods of time.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local fair employment practices laws. The Company strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (and gender identity or gender nonconformity), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.