HD of Scottsdale - Parts Manager
Founded in 2012 by serial entrepreneur and philanthropist Bob Parsons, Harley-Davidson of Scottsdale is the world’s largest Harley-Davidson dealership. From inception, our mission has been to grow relationships, not force sales, and this remains our focus today as we strive to provide each guest with an exceptional customer experience.
We are committed to serving our customers and community and actively support Harley enthusiasts, hosting rides, H.O.G. Chapter meetings, educational workshops and rider safety seminars. We also host events benefiting charitable organizations such as Phoenix Children’s Hospital and the Semper Fi Fund, among many others.
Are you a customer-service focused, self-starter ready to work for an industry-leading Harley-Davidson dealership? If so, we want to hear from you.
Here are the details:
Job Title: Parts & Accessories Manager
Department: Parts & Accessories
Reports to: General Manager
FLSA Status: Full Time/Salary Commission/Not Safety Sensitive/Exempt
To deliver such a memorable experience to every customer, that they refer at least one person to our dealership. Manage employees and operations of the parts and accessories department. Set-up and maintain a smooth running, efficient Parts & Accessories Department. Employ sound management practices to ensure parts department contributes acceptable levels of gross and net profit. Provide superior customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Ensure the needs of the parts and accessories department are being met
- Review all stock orders to ensure a fast moving, balanced inventory of parts & accessories.
- Maintain sufficient quantities of stock to support demand and acceptable inventory turn ratio.
- Supervise and maintain an accurate up-to-date inventory management & control system.
- Establish procedures for ordering, receiving, logging into inventory, displaying, and selling all merchandise.
- Maximize return on investment of parts inventory.
- Grow the volume of Parts & Accessory sales.
- Develop advertising & promotional campaigns for merchandise.
- Recommend related Parts and Accessories, which may be required for a job.
- Supply cost of parts information on repair orders
- Update inventory control system and parts catalogue
- Notify service personnel when special parts or back-ordered parts are received
- Maintain cleanliness of Parts and Accessories Department and keep inventory neatly stacked and orderly.
- Assist customers with determination of Parts and Accessories requirements and research merchandise in catalogues.
- Develop and share knowledge of all Parts and Accessories merchandise, parts history, and motorcycle service.
- Must possess the ability to work with several customers at one time while maintaining individual customer satisfaction
- Point out any sales, specials, new merchandise and offer additional product that may compliment the customer purchase.
- Handle customer complaints reasonably, showing empathy and a positive attitude, and demonstrate our commitment to excellent customer service
- Other duties as assigned.
- Greet customers immediately, in a courteous and friendly manner
- Handle telephone transactions quickly, and courteously.
- Gain the trust and confidence of new customers when they are introduced to the Parts & Accessories department.
- Point out any sales, specials, or new merchandise to staff and customers.
- Estimate length of time to receive any back-ordered parts and clearly communicate it to customer. Avoid setting high customer expectation levels in situations where expectations are not likely to be met.
- Handle customer complaints reasonably, showing empathy and a positive attitude, and demonstrate our commitment to “Make Things Right”.
- Ensure P&A personnel are alert, well trained, and available when needed.
- Ensure employees keep a clean and orderly department.
- Maintain budgeted revenue and expense objectives.
- Develop promotional campaigns in conjunction with the sales & service departments
- Provide reports to GM, as requested. Monthly sales versus goals versus past years.
- Develop monthly and annual objectives for the department in collaboration with GM.
- Attend training sessions to keep current with department issues
- Attend weekly Mgt. Meetings prepared to report numbers and status of department
- Coach and educate your team in a positive and uplifting manner.
- Establish departmental work schedule, balancing the work loads of all employees
- Train Parts & Accessories Associates to use consistent and current sales methodologies.
- Set policies and procedures for Parts & Accessories department.
- Manage employee performance (evaluate and counsel).
- Assist with recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and terminating employees.
- Maintain records of all employee performance reviews.
- Provide training for all sales employees (seminars; workshops; sales schools, etc.)
- Be honest and ethical in all business practices.
- Always work in compliance of legal guidelines.
- Model superior customer service behavior for all dealership personnel by maintaining positive relationships with customers, employees, GM and owner(s).
- Continually learn more about the products and services available. Attend training sessions to keep current with sales techniques and other parts department issues.
- Be prompt and available for flexible scheduling.
- Meet or exceed sales quotas on a regular basis.
- Demonstrate an interest in growing the business.
- Focus on quality.
- Always think before we speak and never lose our composure.
- Complete all new hire training requirements within first 90 Days
- 5 Years’ experience with retail sales and inventory management.
- Must have the ability to get along with a broad customer base
- Knowledge and experience with servicing of motorcycles, and other products sold by the dealership, or the demonstrated ability to quickly learn them.
- Experience with Point-of-Sale & computerized inventory systems or the ability to quickly learn.
- Ability to look up parts and quote prices for parts using proper catalogue for particular motorcycle.
- Current motorcycle license
- The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
- Occasionally required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, and lift up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to stand on feet for lengthy periods of time, up to 8 consecutive hours
- Occasionally requires the ability to balance and push a 600 lb. motorcycle.
- Usually indoors, however outdoor work is required when outdoor events are scheduled.
- Is potentially exposed to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle service department.
- Occasionally, exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.
YAM Worldwide is a drug-free, smoke-free, and fragrance-free work environment.
YAM believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (and gender identity or gender nonconformity), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws. YAM will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable laws.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1330