Scottsdale National Golf Club - Golf Shop Retail Assistant
An exclusive, members only oasis in the Sonoran Desert, Scottsdale National Golf Club presents golf the way it’s meant to it should be played. No tee times required. Wide open fairways across forty-five holes with no homes lining the courses. Supported by two distinctive clubhouses with stunning views and unexpected amenities. Fifteen luxurious member Villas with sixty tastefully appointed rooms, surrounded by three million acres of government protected desert land in the center of magnificent vistas. And just one rule, established by club owners Bob and Renee Parsons — and insisted upon by the membership — “No member shall ever impinge upon another member's enjoyment of the club.”
This position is responsible for assisting members and guests with retail selections in our Golf Shop. The ideal candidate will have a true passion for providing a high level of customized and personal customer service in order to build on-going relationships with our members and guests.
- Promote retail sales by providing excellent customer service
- Assess member and guest needs and provide assistance and information with special order requests, product information, price, etc.
- Track and maintain data on member preferences for future purchases
- Track and provide timely updates to members and guests with special request items, anticipated delivery date, etc.
- Ensure the golf shop is maintained in a neat and orderly manner. Stock shelves, counters and tables with merchandise in a visually pleasing manner to promote sales.
- Maintain proper and accurate record of daily sales, and communicate merchandise re-order/special requests to manager as applicable
- Follow opening and closing duties specifically as outlined, and ensure shop is in “ready” mode for next business day
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years in a luxury/high end retail/customer service environment
- Point-of-sale system knowledge a plus
- Golf industry experience preferred but not required
- Strong desire to provide individualized/personal customer service with great attention to detail. Ability to adapt/respond to different types of personalities in an effective manner.
- Polished and professional demeanor and appearance
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written, and desire to work in a collaborative, team environment
- Cash management and basic math ability (add, subtract, multiply and divide), and operate a point-of-sale system
- Display a high level of self-motivation, accountability and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done
- Demonstrate a high level of confidentiality, honesty and integrity in all situations
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 1049