GO AZ Motorcycles - Master Technician (Scottsdale)
GO AZ Motorcycles in Scottsdale is looking for an experienced Master Technician to join our service team.
Our dealerships specialize in the best powersports brands and we are seeking a technician with experience in Ducati, BMW, and/or Indian bikes. We offer a great benefits package and a fun place to work. Opportunities for learning and continued career growth abound at our dealerships.
GO AZ Motorcycles in Scottsdale is the flagship dealership in the GO AZ Motorcycles dealership family.
Founded in 2008 when serial entrepreneur and philanthropist Bob Parsons recognized a need for a different kind of powersports dealership in the Valley – one which focused on providing each guest with an exceptional customer experience – GO AZ Motorcycles was built by powersports enthusiasts for powersports enthusiasts. Our mission is to grow relationships, not force sales.
GO AZ Motorcycles in Scottsdale was twice recognized by Powersports Business as the #1 Dealership in North America, named the #1 dealership in Arizona, and was listed among the Phoenix Business Journal’s “Best Places to Work” on numerous occasions.
Are you a customer-service focused, self-starter ready to work for an industry-leading powersports dealership group? If so, we want to hear from you.
Here are details:
Job Title: Service Technician
Department: Service Department
Reports to: Service Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt/Full-Time/Safety Sensitive
To deliver such a memorable experience to every customer, that they refer at least one person to our dealership. Repair, customize, maintain, or overhaul both customer and dealer owned motor vehicles as close to the allotted time schedule as possible with excellent quality.
Service Department Operations
- Provide prompt, dependable, high quality, vehicle service to (internal & external) customers.
- Complete repair work within the scheduled or allotted time period whenever possible. Continually improve this “efficiency” skill.
- Maintain productivity (time spent working on billable jobs) as close to 100% as possible.
- Accept work assignments from Service Writer/Manager
- Request parts for the job as early as possible when needs become known.
- Perform service, repair and customization work in accordance to factory specifications.
- Assist Service Writer, when requested, with writing up work orders, communication with customers, test riding, or any other issue which will help ensure customer satisfaction.
- Notify Service Writer/Manager of additional work needed or any delays in expected completion as soon as they become known so that customer may be contacted and notified of the delay.
- After job is finished ensure proper completion and filing of paperwork.
- Keep work areas as clean as possible and assist others with maintaining shop cleanliness.
- Maintain technical (PHD and other) qualification by completing any necessary training programs assigned to you by the Service Manager.
- Minimize come-backs and deal with them promptly and satisfactorily when they do occur.
- Keep customers’ vehicle cleaner that when it was dropped off.
- Be honest and ethical in all business practices.
- Always work in compliance of legal guidelines.
- Model superior customer service behavior for all dealership personnel by maintaining positive relationships with customers, employees, GM and owner(s).
- Continually learn more about the products and services available. Attend training sessions to keep current with sales techniques and other sales department issues.
- Be prompt and available for flexible scheduling.
- Meet or exceed sales quotas on a regular basis.
- Demonstrate an interest in growing the business.
- Focus on quality.
- Always think before we speak and never lose our composure.
- Complete required training expectations within 90 Days.
- Completion of a factory authorized training program such as MMI Service School or equivalent work experience
- Current Motorcycle License
- Service Technicians need both basic and special tools to properly diagnose and service our products.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Requires the use of both hands.
- Occasionally required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, and lift up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to stand on feet for lengthy periods of time, up to 8 consecutive hours
- Occasionally requires the ability to balance and push a 600 lb. motorcycle.
- Usually indoors, however outdoor work is required when outdoor events are scheduled.
- Frequently works near moving mechanical parts.
- Is potentially exposed to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle service department.
- Occasionally, exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.
YAM Worldwide is a drug-free, smoke-free, and fragrance-free work environment.
YAM believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (and gender identity or gender nonconformity), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws. YAM will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable laws.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1117