GO AZ Motorcycles - Lot Technician/Porter (Scottsdale, Peoria)
GO AZ Motorcycles in Scottsdale is the flagship dealership in the GO AZ Motorcycles dealership family.
Founded in 2008 when serial entrepreneur and philanthropist Bob Parsons recognized a need for a different kind of powersports dealership in the Valley – one which focused on providing each guest with an exceptional customer experience – GO AZ Motorcycles was built by powersports enthusiasts for powersports enthusiasts. Our mission is to grow relationships, not force sales.
Having established a proven team dedicated to the lifestyle in Scottsdale, the customer, and the community, GO AZ Motorcycles expanded its footprint to the West Valley, launching GO AZ Motorcycles in Peoria in 2015.
GO AZ Motorcycles in Scottsdale was twice recognized by Powersports Business as the #1 Dealership in North America, named the #1 dealership in Arizona, and was listed among the Phoenix Business Journal’s “Best Places to Work” on numerous occasions.
Are you a customer-service focused, self-starter ready to work for an industry-leading powersports dealership group? If so, we want to hear from you.
Job Title: Lot Technician\Porter
Department: Service Department
Reports to: Service Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
To deliver such a memorable experience to every customer, that they refer at least one person to our dealership. Provides assistance to all employees of the service department and Department Heads as needed. Help Service Department employees to run an efficient and customer oriented department. Help Department Heads with event set-up/break down, supply inventory and orders. Keep storage areas secure, organized, clean and up to code.
Service Department Operations
- Provide prompt, dependable, high quality, vehicle service to (internal & external) customers.
- Complete tasks and repair work within the scheduled or allotted time period whenever possible.
- Wash Motorcycles. Ensure they are cleaner than when customer dropped them off.
- Detail all new and used motorcycles.
- Assist Technicians with keeping the service department clean and organized.
- Move vehicles to maximize space as needed.
- Ensure all bikes in storage are clean and organized by models.
- Ensure all bikes are properly tagged, have correct dealership plates and license plate frames.
- Keep wash bay clean and organized.
- Assist with break down and clean up of events including restock during event and organization of all items after.
- Set up tables, chairs, supplies and organize area for events.
- Assist sales in pulling in vehicles at the beginning and end of the day.
- After job is finished ensure proper completion and filing of paperwork.
- Keep work areas as clean as possible and assist others with maintaining shop cleanliness.
- Maintain technical (PHD and other) qualification by completing any necessary training programs assigned to you by the Service Manager.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimize come-backs and deal with them promptly and satisfactorily when they do occur.
- Greet external customers immediately, in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Handle requests quickly, and courteously
- Be honest and ethical in all business practices.
- Always work in compliance of legal guidelines.
- Model superior customer service behavior for all dealership personnel by maintaining positive relationships with customers, employees, GM and owner(s).
- Continually learn more about the products and services available. Attend training sessions to keep current with sales techniques and other sales department issues.
- Be prompt and available for flexible scheduling.
- Meet or exceed sales quotas on a regular basis.
- Demonstrate an interest in growing the business.
- Focus on quality.
- Always think before we speak and never lose our composure.
- Complete Training Requirements within first 90 Days of Employment.
- Strong work ethic
- Driver’s license with proper motorcycle endorsements
- Must have the ability to get along with a broad customer base
- Knowledge and experience with motorcycles, and other products sold by a motorcycle dealership, or the demonstrated ability to quickly learn them.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Ability to stand on feet for lengthy periods of time, up to 8 consecutive hours
- Frequently required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, handle tools and lift 50 lb. of material.
- Occasionally requires the ability to balance and push a 700 lb. motorcycle.
- Frequently works near moving mechanical parts.
- Is potentially exposed to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle service department.
- Occasionally, exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.
- Hot outdoor conditions
YAM Worldwide is a drug-free, smoke-free, and fragrance-free work environment.
YAM believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (and gender identity or gender nonconformity), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws. YAM will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable laws.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1082