YAM Powersports is seeking hard-working individuals with a passion for Motorsports! Why not combine what you love with what you do?! Our family of dealerships is ever expanding and we are seeking Sales oriented employees to build our brand. We will have several openings. Our expectations are high and only the best need apply.
The General Manager will oversee and manage the daily operation of a YAM Powersports dealership. Responsible for maximizing return on investment and managing profit and loss, as well as all aspects of the daily operation, planning, development, and implementation of marketing plans for both short- and long-term growth. Has direct responsibility for managing and controlling company assets, as well as managing and developing employees for future growth. Responsible for ensuring the dealership delivers a positive and memorable experience to every customer so as to ensure that customer refers at least one other customer to the dealership.
Qualifications & Job Requirements:
- Minimum of seven years of progressive management experience, Harley-Davidson experience required
- Demonstrated ability to manage all financial and management aspects of a dealership business.
- Demonstrated ability to hire, manage, and retain quality employees.
Knowledge and experience with sales of all things Harley-Davidson.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides direction and coordination for all areas of dealership operation.
- Establishes and communicates operating policies and procedures for the dealership.
- Balances the demands of employees, suppliers, customers, owners, and the community.
- Ensures departments achieve budgeted revenue and expense objectives.
- Maintains records, controls and requests reports from subordinates to evaluate dealership performance.
- Holds department managers accountable for established monthly and annual objectives and financial goals.
- Approves all major departmental expenditures.
- In collaboration with the Vice President, Powersports Division makes recommendations/changes to the operating plan and related budgets.
- Customer Service
- Greets customers in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Handles customer complaints reasonably, showing empathy, a positive attitude, and demonstrating a commitment to "make things right."
- Sets policies, procedures and processes for dealership.
- Coaches, counsels and evaluates direct reports.
- Manages recruitment, interviewing, hiring and termination of staff.
- Conducts performance reviews on a regular basis for direct reports.
- Recommends compensation plans for dealership employees.
- Provides appropriate training for the management team to ensure each has the skills necessary in order perform his/her job (e.g., seminars, sales training, technical training, etc.)
- Holds department managers accountable for leading/managing their staff.
- Delegate’s responsibility to managers, as needed.
- Manages conflicts between departments and individuals within the dealership.
- Models superior customer service behavior by demonstrating positive relationships with customers and employees.
- Is honest and fair in all business dealings.
- Treats all employees and customers fairly, courteously, and with respect.
- Sets the tone for working relationships within the dealership.
- The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
- Occasionally required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, and lift up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to stand on feet for lengthy periods of time, up to 8 consecutive hours
- Occasionally requires the ability to balance and push a 600+ lb. motorcycle.
- Usually indoors, however, outdoor work is required when outdoor events are scheduled.
- Potential exposure to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle service department.
- Occasional exposure to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled) and participate in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility program
Job Status: Full Time