The Bob & Renee Parsons Foundation offers support to nonprofit organizations successfully working to empower, educate, nurture and nourish people during what is often the darkest times of theirs lives. Founded in 2012 by philanthropists and business leaders Bob and Renee Parsons to provide hope and life-changing assistance to the country’s most vulnerable populations, The Bob & Renee Parsons Foundation offers critical funding at critical times to those in need. Driven by the core belief that all people – regardless of race, roots or economic status – deserve access to quality healthcare, education and a safe place to call home, The Bob & Renee Parsons Foundation has exceeded $140 million in giving over the past six years.
The Program Associate will be an employee of YAM Management, the employment and management arm of The Bob & Renee Parsons Foundation (“TBRPF” or the “Foundation”).
This position is responsible for providing administrative support and coordination for grant making activities and processes, promoting and sharing the Foundation’s activities with the YAM World Wide companies and acting as the executive assistant to the Foundation’s Executive Director.
- Provide best-in-class administrative support for Foundation’s grantmaking activities.
- Assist with filtering and evaluating letters of interest (LOI) submitted to the Foundation’s grant portal. Assess the viability of the LOI through review of the organization’s financial metrics, current standing and overall rating, operations/mission, etc. Make recommendations to the Foundation staff based on findings and ensure timely response to grantee organizations.
- Continuously update and maintain the Microedge Gifts Online grants management system for partner organizations, contacts, grant proposals, grant payments. Make recommendations for improvements and enhancements to record processing and reporting.
- Ensure timely receipt of grantee reporting requirements for all grantees (i.e., acknowledgement letters, grantee annual reporting, etc.)
- Ensure that all requirements in the grantmaking process are completed via quarterly audit and close-out of grant files.
- Reconcile the Gifts Online system with Quickbooks on a monthly basis. Requires data entry of all payments made for all charity partners for all focus areas and updating grant proposal status.
- Maintain files and records for the foundation in accordance with standard protocol, both electronic as well as hard copy files when needed.
- Receive Foundation communications and ensure appropriate response/resolution.
- Receive and respond to email communications from email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
- Open and distribute all Foundation-related mail.
- Continuously communicate the positive impact of the founders’ contributions.
- Ensure timely communication to the Executive Director of partners’ recognition of founders (i.e., thank you letters, gifts, social media mentions, etc.)
- Drive the creation of the Foundation’s annual impact report through coordination with Foundation staff and/or Big Yam, contribution of visual collateral (photos, etc), reporting on measures, etc.
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director. Coordinate and manage in-house and off-site meetings for the Executive Director and special events for the Foundation. Assist with preparation of reports for meetings with the board of directors and other ad hoc reports, as requested.
- Promote and share the work of the Foundation and its founders with Parsons’ companies and employees. Act as a liaison with HR on employee-engagement activities to encourage and facilitate employees across all YAM companies to participate in charitable activities, events, fundraising and/or volunteering. Be the lead for informing employees of Foundation happenings on a regular basis via newsletters, e-blasts, etc. Take the lead in organizing and executing events and activities for employee involvement in the charitable sector (i.e., charity walks, volunteer efforts, etc.)
- Promote the Foundation’s mission and image externally. Assist the Program Manager with monitoring and updating social media platforms as needed to publicize current activity of the foundation, its partners and its founders. Support social media of the Foundation by providing ideas and direct content. Support the Foundation’s outreach through your own personal social media channels.
- Represent the Foundation. Represent the foundation and its founders with professionalism and poise at all times, communicating the mission and vision to a wide variety of audiences, delivering messages with tact and diplomacy. Attendance may also be required at community events that may not be related to the foundation directly in order to demonstrate the Foundation’s and its founders’ roles within the community.
- Update and share knowledge. Research and report on current issues and trends in the philanthropic industry in general as well as best practice for employee engagement in charitable activities.
- Assist other YAM Management staff with occasional projects as directed by the Foundation’s Executive Director or its founders
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Experience:
- Enthusiasm and personal interest in the work of philanthropy is a must
- Undergraduate degree preferred
- 2+ years previous experience in nonprofit preferred
- Outstanding written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, database and social media platforms
- Exceptional organizational skills
- A professional, positive and flexible attitude
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with competing deadlines and changing priorities
This position works primarily in an office environment. Must but able to sit or stand for long periods of time. This position will be required to attend meetings and events outside of the office and, on occasion, attend formal events outside of regular business hours.
Job Status: Full Time