Director of Purchasing
Director of Purchasing will develop, implement, and direct the activities of a centralized purchasing function for a set of diverse companies within the YAM organization, including retail motorcycle dealerships, commercial real estate management / ownership, commercial lending, advertising agency, production studio, furniture manufacturing / retail, private golf course and golf club manufacturing / retail. Director of Purchasing will be responsible for negotiating and administering purchase agreements; creation, implementation and regular updates of purchasing policies for business level buying; negotiating and administering purchase agreements; leveraging buying power, and monitoring vendor performance.
- Lead the organization within the scope of the strategic sourcing process to drive costs out of the supply chain by managing negotiation strategies, supplier selection, and establishing general terms and conditions.
- Develop Purchasing Department and team to support the business units, and establish purchasing policies, procedures and controls. Source and implement required information technology to support established policies, procedures and controls.
- Negotiate and execute purchase orders and supplier contracts as needed to support business needs. Establish guidelines and negotiate favorable terms for services such as air travel and accommodations.
- Provide business leaders support with planning and directing procurement of materials and supplies, with a focus on reducing costs and improving quality.
- Provide contract management to ensure adherence to terms, conditions and agreed to pricing.
- Manage Purchasing Department staff and prepare annual department budgets.
- Establish and maintain measurable performance metrics for all levels of procurement activities, to include but not limited to, supplier performance, supplier quality, business unit procurement activity, and total company spend activity.
- Develop an overall vendor base that will create and sustain a competitive advantage, leveraging spend and technology.
Experience and Education Required:
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance or accounting; MBA is a plus
- Minimum 10 – 15+ years of progressively responsible supply chain experience
- Have a presence in a room, ability to earn respect and influence people
- Superior negotiation, relationship management, and problem solving skills
- A drive to be pro-active, with durable character, high stamina, and relentless energy
- Superior verbal, active listening, and written communication skills
- Ability to make quick, strategic, and effective decisions
- Must have a professional, positive, and flexible attitude
Job Status: Full Time