Chief Financial Officer
YAM is an investment and holding company managing investments in multiple industries to include: capital finance, motorcycle dealerships, hedge fund, commercial real estate, private golf course, golf club manufacturing, non-profit foundation, production studio and a marketing agency.
YAM is a fast-paced and entrepreneurial company where change is constant and profitable growth is the primary objective. Growth, both inside current companies managed and new industries, is planned for the foreseeable future.
The Chief Financial Officer will oversee the finance function and deliver high level financial analysis while tracking operational performance. They will provide leadership and coordination of company financial planning and budget management functions to ensure profitability across a diverse group of entities.
- Direct and coordinate financial planning and budget management functions for all entities.
- Interpret and present financial information to senior management while including strategic recommendations for improvement and a plan for action.
- Review and analyze the financial performance of multiple entities, identifying best practices and opportunities for improvement. Develop and deliver reporting to enhance revenue and control expenses.
- Enhance and develop reporting/analysis/metrics as needed to maintain visibility of evolving financial issues. Drive continuous improvement efforts and initiate enhancements, both process and system related.
- Recommend benchmarks for measuring the financial and operating performance for a diverse group of entities.
- Educate the operations team on cost control and profitability and make recommendations on both strategic and operational issues.
- Provide periodic financial reporting and high-level analysis, including monthly forecasts, and daily/weekly reports.
- Assist in establishing short-and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Prepare financial analysis for contract negotiations and product investment decisions.
- Assist in designing and establishing an organizational structure for each entity to effectively accomplish the entities goals and objectives.
Experience and Education Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree, MBA preferred in Finance or Accounting
- Mergers and acquisition experience
- Private Equity/Consulting experience is a plus
- 10 + years’ experience in a mid to senior level finance or accounting position
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including GAAP
- Working knowledge of short and long term budgeting and forecasting, rolling budgets, and product-line profitability analysis
- Superior verbal, active listening and written communication skills
- Ability to work with managers of all levels across different business lines in analyzing financial situations
- Possess solid strategic, analytical skills and be able to make quick, effective decisions under pressure
- Have a presence in a room, ability to earn respect and influence people
- Problem solving abilities, ability to overcome any obstacle
- Must possess personal and professional values such as integrity, honesty and loyalty
Job Status: Full Time