The Building Engineer is responsible for the care, safety and maintenance of multiple YAM Worldwide property locations. They will ensure that all facilities, roofs, common areas, and grounds are maintained according to property standards.
- Perform daily/weekly walkthroughs and periodic inspections of facilities, focusing on roofs and roofing structures, in relation to maintenance needs.
- Learn and operate building control systems to ensure safe, efficient systems operations.
- Develop, implement and manage preventative maintenance schedules.
- Monitor vendor work necessary to keep facilities/roofs in good working order (painting, cleaning, window washing, carpet cleaning, etc.)
- Act as point of contact for all facilities related issues, on call 24/7 for property incidents and emergencies.
- Respond to, investigate and resolve all facility/roofing requests in a timely manner and ensure proper follow up is done.
- Assist with renovation planning as needed.
- Establish and maintain relationships with contractors and vendors including sourcing new ones.
- Negotiate facility related contracts. Review contractor/vendor work in-progress and upon completion.
- Perform or assist on manual labor tasks at times, escalate facility issues as necessary.
- Oversee the installation of all facility equipment.
- Oversee all facility housekeeping contracted with janitorial vendors.
- Maintain records: service records, manuals, as-builds, blueprints, roofing/structure, HVAC program, checklists, daily operation logs, etc.
- Accomplish financial objectives by preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures and initiating corrective actions.
- Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing data and trends.
- Ensure compliance with all local, state and federal rules and regulations.
- Complete ad-hoc and other duties as requested
- At least 2 years of Building Engineer experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- EPA certification preferred
- Valid Arizona driver’s license and clean driving record
- Prior experience handling work orders, managing vendors and dealing with facility issues
- Understanding of basic construction, plumbing and electrical principles
- Computer Skills - ability to use programs such as, Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Willingness to work independently and in a team to accomplish objectives
- Knowledge of local, state and federal rules and regulations (including National electrical code, National Fire Protection and OSHA)
- Excellent time management skills, ability to work on multiple projects in a demanding environment.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
Job Status: Full Time