The Accountant performs a variety of general accounting duties and support. This position ensures the accuracy and timeliness of the accounting data so senior management can make informed decisions. They will maintain contact with other staff members and observe confidentiality in all matters.
- Accurately enter invoices and credit card charges into accounting system. Ensure proper coding/classification and investigate errors.
- Date entry, clerical, filing, process incoming and outgoing mail.
- Assist in month end and credit card reconciliations
- Perform adhoc projects and assist in all areas of operation as requested by management
Experience and Education Required:
- Experience with automated accounting systems is required, experience with Peachtree a plus
- Minimum of three years accounting or bookkeeping experience
- High School Diploma or its equivalent is required
- Associates degree, higher education classes of relevant subject matter or advanced training preferred.
- Ability to handle confidential information in a discreet and professional manner
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy is imperative
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism
- Must be dependable, responsible, self-managed and follow through with minimum direction
- Must demonstrate sound judgment and ability to prioritize
- Work well with others, be an effective team member.
- Proficient with MS Word and Excel, familiar with a professional office environment and equipment
Job Status: Full Time